Overview and costs
- Airport transfer services are available in “Private” & “Shared” service categories.
- Private Airport transfer services operate on an “as required” basis like a private taxi service.
- Shared Airport transfer services operate on timetable basis like a shuttle/bus service.
- Airport transfer services can collect customers from outer suburbs or the CBD locations and drop the customer at the curb side of the departures terminal for either the International or Domestic terminals.
- Neither service can escort the passenger to the departure check in area inside the terminals.
- Tolls, taxes and Airport parking are included in the price per vehicle for Private Transfers and included in the cost per passenger for Shared Transfers.
Operational Private Airport Transfers
- Waiting time at an Airport is flexible if your flight is delayed. The driver will monitor the flight arrival time and adjust the pickup time accordingly.
- After landing the driver allocates; 30 minutes waiting time for domestic flights and 1 hour for International flights. It is up to the passenger to contact the driver if there are further delays with customs, immigration or lost luggage. The driver has the discretion to leave the Airport after this time period has elapsed on the assumption that the customer has missed the flight.
- Passengers are best to contact the driver if there is any change in flight itineraries.
- Failure to notify the driver of any itinerary change will result in forfeiture of the fare if there is a “No show” at the nominated meeting/pickup point at the booked date and time
- Some operators can re-schedule passengers who miss the nominated pick up time because of flight changes or flight cancellations but this is at the discretion of the driver
- Customers of private rides will select the most suitable pick up time available to meet their own flight arrival or departure itinerary. Customers are best to book their Airport pickup time and date, using the flight ETA and arrival date. Customers booking pickups to take them to the Airport are recommended to allow for transit time plus the required check in time prior to the flight departure time.
Operational Shared Airport Transfers
- Waiting time at an Airport is limited if your flight is delayed. The driver may be constrained by the number of passengers that have already arrived and waiting to leave by the scheduled departure time. The driver will use discretion to balance the needs of the customers already waiting, the ETA of others and the maintenance of the schedule
- Passengers need to meet the driver at the nominated meeting point in advance of the scheduled departure time
- Pickups from the suburbs or CBD heading to an Airport; passengers are required to be ready and waiting 15-30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time from that immediate region. The supplier will advise the estimated pick up time in this case
- Departure or pickup times are not very flexible and revolve around the timetable
- Missed pick up times or departure deadlines may result in forfeiture of the cost
- Some operators can re-schedule passengers who miss the nominated pick up time
- Some operators have shuttles scheduled every 30 to 60 minutes but others have scheduled intervals of some hours in between, making re-scheduling sometimes impractical
- Customers of shared rides will select the most suitable pick up time from the available time slots to meet their own flight arrival or departure itinerary
- Customers need to book their pickup taking into account their flight ETA, luggage collection time and any additional stops en-route to the destination, transit times can extend beyond a direct drive to the destination
- Most suppliers will meet their customers holding a sign with the customer name printed on it.
- Most suppliers meet the customers inside the terminal building.
- Most suppliers for Domestic Terminal meet the passengers at the luggage carousel.
- Most suppliers for International Terminal meet the passengers as they exit the secure customs/immigration areas at the entry to the public meeting area.
Problems finding driver
- We provide you with your driver name, email address and contact phone number.
- It is best to turn on your mobile phone when you land. This will enable good communication with the driver and vice-versa.
- Sometimes the driver is waiting for a signal that the aircraft has actually landed, then to move to the airport parking zone at the terminal, because at some terminals parking time is restricted to 20 minutes maximum.
- Please take with you your confirmation email with your driver contact details.